Where: From Edgeley, ND to Bird Island, MN – ‘Legendary to Lakes’
Total length: 320 miles
When: May 20-June 3, 2017
Statistics for 2017
- 320 miles long
- Covered 2 states: North Dakota and Minnesota
- 100 riders participated covering a total of 9,600 miles
- Stops in 15 cities–ND cities: Edgeley, LaMoure, Oakes, Forman, Lidgerwood, Fairmount. MN cities: Wheaton, Graceville, Morris, Benson, Appleton, Montevideo, Granite Falls, Renville, Bird Island.
- Interactions with city leaders and residents—mayors, newspapers, editors, civic organizations, community members, pastors, parishes, nursing homes, onlookers.
- 400 high schools kids listened to the message of donation
- Hosted the first ever Donate Life Horse Show
- Co-hosted the first ever Donate Life Rodeo with Wojo Rodeo Company, Greenbush, MN
- Media coverage throughout the ride included 26 newspapers with 16 front page stories, 2.6k Facebook followers, 2 radio stations, 2 TV news reports
- $65,000 raised for the Gift of Life Transplant House in Rochester, MN
- Supported the DonateLife Tree during the ND Hall of Trees – a Christmas tree display at the ND capitol that draws in thousands of visitors. This tree will honor organ, eye, and tissue donors as well as recognize North Dakota transplant recipients who have been blessed to receive these life-saving gifts. Families can create an ornament in honor of their loved one.
- Unveiled a new donor tribute wall at CHI Oakes Community Hospital, Oakes, ND.
- $1,500 donated to Tri-County Health Care to support their donor tribute garden to be unveiled during T4T’s 2018 ride