Where: From Wadena, MN to Rochester, MN – ‘10,000 Reasons to Donate’
Total length: 317 miles
When: May 20-June 2, 2018
Statistics for 2018
- 317 miles long
- Final leg of a 2,000+ mile round trip that started in MN and concluded in MN
- 100 riders participated covering a total of 9,600 miles
- Stops in 15 MN cities- Wadena, Eagle Bend, Long Prairie, Sauk Centre, Belgrade, Willmar, Bird Island, Fairfax, Sleepy Eye, St. James, Garden City, Pemberton, Waseca, Pine Island, Rochester.
- Interactions with city leaders and residents—mayors, newspapers, editors, civic organizations, community members, pastors, parishes, nursing homes, onlookers.
- Media coverage throughout the ride included 13 newspapers with 6 front page stories, 2.6k Facebook followers, 2 radio stations, 2 TV news reports
- $40,000 raised for the Gift of Life Transplant House in Rochester, MN
- Supported the DonateLife Tree during the ND Hall of Trees – a Christmas tree display at the ND capitol that draws in thousands of visitors. This tree will honor organ, eye, and tissue donors as well as recognize North Dakota transplant recipients who have been blessed to receive these life-saving gifts. Families can create an ornament in honor of their loved one.
- Unveiled a new donor tribute garden at Wadena Tri-County Health Care
- $7,500 donated to local DonateLife spokespersons to provide education in schools and driver’s education courses throughout ND & MN.
2018 Ride Map